Monday, March 19, 2012

Flowers of the Day: Hydrangeas and Dyed Roses

Everybody knows that the hub convinced me to move to Florida with the lure of year-round gardening.


Yes, the ability to see color--rich, saturated and healthy color--throughout the year was a wonderful draw.


So it's not surprising that I check out the flowers before I look at the wedding dress during our weddings. We work with a local florist, who combines colors in fresh, inventive ways. She also will fit in any color a bride wants--like the Christmas bride who wanted black and red roses. Instead of getting black roses, Chrissy used black silk ribbon and twisted it into a tiny flower to go in the center of every rose. It was beautiful.


Today's flowers are brought to you by the cool color family--green, blue and purple. I promise I'll feature the embellished roses next, but in the meantime, enjoy this happy spring-time bouquet!

No comments:

Post a Comment